Pin Recipes. The side dish was also the easiest thing on the planet, if you can boil water you can make it. (full details after the break)
They are harvest grains from Trader Joe's. You could do this with any grain or pasta though, I like this stuff because it's a blend of cous-cous, orzo, lentils and some seed I don't recognize, haha. Mine was all cooked up with tomatoes & Parmesan cheese. That always goes over well. Here's what I did, and since I'm Italian, I hardly ever measure, I just throw things around until they look & taste right.
- Throw about 3 cups of chicken broth in a pan.
- Toss a can of stewed tomatoes in, juice and all. easy.
- Scoop a little butter or drizzle olive in the broth.
- Cover it. Boil it.
- Dump the bag of grains in.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes, covered - remove the lid & if it's still soupy, simmer with the lid off until it's not so soupy.
- Throw it all into a bowl, stir in some salt, pepper, & parmesan until it tastes good to you.
- Add whatever if you want. Herbs. Basil. Rosemary, it will all be good I promise. I bet it would be killer with curry!
Got any new favorite recipes you've been toyin' with? Share them in the comments section, I love trying new foods. Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend!
Up Next: We're Givin' Shi*t Away! Sorry for the cussies, it's exciting.