Google+ Nine Red: French Provincial + Geometry

Friday, September 16, 2011

French Provincial + Geometry

I believe I have showed the "before" of this table, if not, here it is:
 You can see in the photo that it was one of those over lacquered tables, that is pretty beat up.  But the curves are all there, and they are nice! The top had really pretty woodwork, a nice diamond inlay.  So, continuing with my recent love affair with wood AND paint rather than one or the other, I stripped this table to the bare wood.  I stained the top Dark Walnut, and then went hexagonal with it. Here it is:




So it turns out I'm in love with the table.  You never know when cupids arrow will strike, do you... haha. Seriously though, I'm happy with how it came out. It's just as I imagined.  I love the dark wood flowing in between those hexagons, and then the contrasting turquoise underneath.  It's actually a light turquoise, who's name I can't be sure of, as I spotted in the mishap aisle.  You haven't been to the mishap aisle? It's really great.. you can pick up a lot of fun colors that have been abandoned by whoever asked them to be made. Usually for a couple bucks! This one was a lucky find. Anyway, this table is for sale... but if it doesn't go, I will not mind seeing it in my living room! hehe.. have a great weekend!

Post a Comment

10 comments:

  1. Love it! I always love seeing pretty wood grain with paint too. Fabulous.
    ~Pam
    pamspaintparlor.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Do you use some type of lacquer on the top to protect the coloured paint?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I actually did about 4 coats of High Gloss Minwax Polycrylic. Since it was going to be a coffee table, I went with high gloss for superior water resistance, and easy wipability. I've used that stuff before on some TV trays I re-did, and they really stood the test of time. I had them for 3 years before they got any type of damage and believe me, they were put to the TEST!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That table looks fabulous! Love the hexagon details. Am now eyeing my parents coffee table and wondering if they'd notice if it changed colour...:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw this on YHL. Great job on the coffee table. I look forward to checking out more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for the comments! I had no idea I had been chosen for YHL, I feel so lucky :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Jesse, after seeing your table on Young House Love, I decided to check out your blog, and I love the pieces you've done. I do have a question though! Being artistic and love seeing how things are made, do you ever post pictures of the process of how the table is painted, or how to use the techniques? Thanks! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! Great idea, I am going to start doing some more tutorials. In the meantime, feel free to email me with you questions! 9redinfo@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shareaholic