Google+ Nine Red: Gold Table For Airbnb

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Gold Table For Airbnb


Well there she is.  Lately I've been working on a no-longer-secret project, this gold tiled table.  I was approached by the people of makeably, who had a client, who had their own client, that needed a Gold tiled table.  Top, Sides, legs... all of it - gold. They asked if it could be done, and the collaborating began.  So yesterday when makeably.com did their article on it, I was surprised to see that the table was actually for the offices of airbnb.com!  You can read more about it on Makeably.com, or click here.  But the jist of it is that airbnb wanted to celebrate their success by decorating their new office in the themes of some of their popular apartment rentals. This table, was apparently in someones apartment in Berlin. Neat! Some close ups:

This was not the easiest table in the world, but it also wasn't the hardest. I learned a lot, had a lot of fun, and was really happy how it all came together.  Finding gold tile was the hardest thing in the world, every company I talked to said "no one ever asks for gold, so we stopped carrying it years ago".  Special thanks to Opus Mosaics for really pulling through for me here! 

The company I was working with also asked if I could tile up a table they would send me, which is this:
 Yes, it's missing it's legs! Haha. They will be attaching those later on.

Special thanks to Jessica over at Modwalls, she really helped me out! See, in order to get a custom blend of colors, you usually need to order at least 20 sq. feet.  Well, I clearly only needed about... two square feet? So she lent me the tray, and I hand placed the color tiles one by one.  It's a multi-step process but worked out well. Check out Modwalls when you can, they are a local company (Aptos!) but ship all over the place.  The custom tile blender is awesome!

So that's done.  Dropped them off yesterday and swung by IKEA on the way home.. it was a Tuesday so it was EMPTY. Best time to go EVER.

Thanks for checking in, have a good one!

-Jesse

Linkies: FacebookPinterestInstagramTwitterSubscribe & of course, Email me.

Post a Comment

3 comments:

  1. WHOO HOO, Jess!! Congrats to my extremely talented son!! I am very proud of you, as always! You are on your way to stardom!! :) Love you lots, Mom xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!
    You are very talented!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice blog...thank you for sharing the information...
    hallslanding

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shareaholic