Pinterest addicts out there (guilty as charged!):
- Large Frameless Mirror - call glass shops, thrift stores, craigslist, anything - doesn't need a frame.
- 3 - 1 x 6 x 8 pieces of lumber (for a really rustic look use fence wood, it's 1/3rd the cost too!)
- Steel wool (fine grade)
- Black Tea
- Mason Jar
- Paint Brush
- Sander & Sanding pads (or just sandpaper)
- 4 Flat L shaped brackets
- Wood Glue
- 1/2 inch screws (Home Depot, #6)
- Mirror hardware (clam shell + screw)
- Picture hanging kit (wire + eye hooks)
- Miter Saw, or any saw to cut wood.
**Plan Ahead Notice! If you are going to do the aged wood process like me, start your steel wool vinegar mix a day early, so you don't have to wait! Scroll down for details**
I'd say, add 6 inches to both your height and width, this way the mirror will attach in the center of the boards. Once you have your outside length, you can measure onto your board and set it up on your miter saw.
|"My name? ....Is Reuben.... and I'm helping."|
Break out your Flat L's, it's time to bring these pieces together.
Here's the finished product:
color wash it, chalk paint it up, or give it some stripes. At this price and ease, you can make one for every style you need.
Have fun, and if you make one, send me photos! Either post them on the facebook page or email them to me. Thanks for reading, hope you liked it!
***UDATE: Guest room? Check.. See the full tour here***