Google+ Nine Red: Barn Red Bar Chairs

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Barn Red Bar Chairs

I am just finishing up the final touches on these lovely bar chairs that my sister picked up for me.  I believe these are called "Mission Style" and they will be for sale! I'm deciding whether or not to add some black upholstery tacks around the edge of the seats... maybe.  I was debating between red & teal, and while teal would look awesome... something about the style was saying "Barn Red" to me. 

I decided to use chalk paint again, since I was so happy with how well it worked with the roll top.  It was the DIY recipe that I used in my latest tutorial, and I made a half batch.  The paint is so soft, I love it!
So, to be honest here - the red I used was a much brighter red.  Kind of like, childrens red - if that makes sense.  I did that on purpose however, so that when I darkened with the walnut stain, that I'd get a rich barn red.   
I love this fabric! It was this or cream and black chevrons (I bought both, so look for the chevrons soon!) and Ralph and I both thought this one was perfect.  So Coral it is! The grey looks fantastic on the red, in my opinion.
Can't wait to find these a home!  They would be the perfect pop of color in someones kitchen or dinette.  If you are interested, please message me ASAP and I'll hold them for you. Have a great day!

Want to keep in touch? Here ya go: Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter & Email.

Post a Comment

3 comments:

  1. Yes, love this red color-glad you picked it over the teal. Perfect for this style-even tho I love the teal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous Jesse! I am sure they will find a new home quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the color on these! I'm with Karen, I'm sure they're long gone by now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shareaholic