Google+ Nine Red: Party Time: Easy Appetizers

Friday, March 1, 2013

Party Time: Easy Appetizers

Happy Friday! It's March 1, Rabbit Rabbit! (Remember that from this post?)  On Monday I asked all of you facebook fans what your best tried & true recipes for easy party appetizers were, I think the fancy term for that maneuver is crowd sourcing or something. And wow - did you guys deliver! These recipes sound so good (and easy!) that I had to eat a big breakfast before sitting down to write this post. No joke!
Let me start with a huge thank you!  It's been fun to learn a few new ideas, and all of them have been pinned of course.  Now the trouble will be deciding which one to bring! Here's a link to the original facebook discussion if you missed it: Clicky Clicky.  Keep reading for pictures and links to the full recipes. 

Now if you're anything like me, I love pictures and easy links, which is why Pinterest is so near and dear to my heart.  So with that in mind, I scrounged up pins of all the recipes suggested and slapped them together in this here post.  Here's a tip: All pictures are links to the pins on pinterest, so click & pin away!

First up, the mushrooms: I had never heard of this before, they sound and look amazing:
Source: Pinterest

Don't they look good? I mean, what isn't good covered in butter? Up next: The Classic, the crock pot Grape Jelly Meatballs.
Source: Pinterest

Now, I've made crock pot meatballs before but no matter how many times I'm told, I've forgotten the grape jelly recipe! So delicious. . .Take a look at these bacon wrapped dates:
Source: Pinterest

I've never actually even had these, but I love dates (just found that out!) and I love bacon, so this is a match made in heaven.  I just don't know how I'd get them TO the party, they may disappear on the way over...how about something sweet? Nutella filled crescent rolls perhaps?
Source: Pinterest

Oh OK! These look great and would be a different thing to bring.  I usually bring more pre-meal type foods but a dessert would be really fun to bring too. These look super easy, and are probably good hot or cold.

Now check this wild one out: Chicken Enchilada Dip......
Source: Pinterest

YUM! One thing I noticed about this recipe as I scoped it out on different recipe sites, is everyone seems to say something like "I'm required to bring this every time" or "people request this all the time" so something must be bomb-diggity in that dip, because it's pretty popular!

Then there's always these mini-piggies in blankies:
Source: Pinterest
I've brought those to parties several times, and you don't have to worry about them getting cold because I promise you, they won't last that long!  The best part is they look hard to make to those who haven't made them, (but they're a piece of cake) and I like to keep it that way.  Just tell them you'd do anything for your friends, haha....

So these are just a few of the thousands of great ideas out there, if you have a recipe you want to share, comment below or share it with all of us on facebook - everyone loves a good recipe! Special thanks to those of you on facebook who suggested these beauties - I'm looking at you Gretchen, Melissa, Nichole, Jenny,Vintage 8 & of course, my Mom. Great ideas, let's party!

Have an amazing weekend! For more Party Time posts, click here.

     -Jesse


Let's keep in touch: Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter & of course, Email

Post a Comment

1 comment:

  1. Those are really good and easy appetizers you can make at home especially if it's available at your table.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shareaholic