Google+ Nine Red: String Art: Otis the Owl

Monday, April 29, 2013

String Art: Otis the Owl

***Update: Otis the Owl Complete Pattern download is now available in my etsy shop, as well as complete kits that come with everything you need: Pattern, board, nails, string... you name it. Check it out here***

Hey, hey! So his name doesn't have to be Otis, I'm just a sucker for the whole alliteration thing... I'm excited to show you my newest string art design - this was a project for the winner of the String Art Giveaway I did on Better After a while ago.  The winner and I discussed all types of ideas, she showed me a board on Pinterest she had created that focused on many styles she loved.  She really wanted an Owl.  So I took inspiration from her ideas, and combined them into this:


I love how it came out! It was so challenging to figure out all the details (especially on the feathered chest) but it all worked out great - I'm happy, the recipient is happy, Otis is happy, we are all happy.  It's bigger than usual too, about 11.5" wide by 23.5" tall, and for a new trick I mixed some paint action in there. The wood was hand distressed using the Aged Wood trick from a while back. This one takes longer than usual, but so worth it.  Hope you like it!

I'm going to throw this design into the etsy shop, which you can access by clicking here or the My Etsy Shop tab above.

If you want to make it yourself, I have downloadable patterns & directions here, and complete kits here

Let's make it a good week ahead! 
     -Jesse 

Want to see other string art designs? Clicky Clicky....

Up next on the blog: DIY Floor Mirror - huge wood frame!


Post a Comment

4 comments:

  1. that is awesome! love the design and the colors! otis rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!! If you feel like sharing...which i assume you do,come by the Give Me The Goods Link Party{1 party, 5 blogs}!! http://dimplesandpigtales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing how you create such fantastic artwork! I love the color and the design you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!! Super fun one to do.. can't wait to do another :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shareaholic