Google+ Nine Red: Sakura goes to France

Friday, July 29, 2011

Sakura goes to France

I remember learning about a time when the French had a strong interest in the Japanese, and the two cultures shared a lot of goods.   This table, which started like this:
 ended up totally blending the two.  This table has a lot of the French Provincial style, and I didn't even think of the relevance that I was putting a Japanese flower all over it. Ha! What a coincidence.  First, so you know what I'm saying, here are the pictures:






I started out with the intentions to just make a cream white shabby chic table, and just thought it needed something else.  I grabbed some vintage books, and got to cutting. I ended up forming all kinds of "interesting" sentences while I was adhering them, just by reading what was randomly cut out. They surprisingly made sense! haha.  Anyway, it's been fully sealed so the pages are protected, and is up for sale in the shop.
Have a great weekend!

Post a Comment

7 comments:

  1. Unique and very creative! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to feature your coffee table on my next revival Monday if that's ok with you let me know , I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! Lauren, I'd be honored to be featured on your site! Email me if you need any more info! 9redinfo@gmail.com

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool! How exactly did you adhere the paper flowers to the table? Is there a coating of some kind?

    - Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Question Anonymous! After painting the table, I did a decoupage technique for the flowers. I used Mod Podge. Brushed a layer, adhered the flowers, and sealed with another layer. After finishing the rest of the table, the entire piece was sealed with several coats of Minwax Satin Polycrylic, only my favoritest or seals. It's water based so easy clean up, and so strong. I did about 3 coats, since I assumed the table would get a lot of use. Thanks for your compliments & questions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just so beautiful and so different! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how your stuff is not "same ole"!! Love it. The table has such a unique design! And now I'm curious... and want to read these mysteriously "making sense" sentences!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shareaholic