Google+ Nine Red: How To: Aged Wood

Thursday, May 24, 2012

How To: Aged Wood

This tutorial comes at a perfect time, I have quite a few orders of string art tablets to do, and they've all requested aged wood! I came across this really neat (and easy!) technique, that involves very few materials.  Need your project to look like it's 20+ years old? Break out the vinegar:

 Yep - that's really all you need. Oh wait, I lied - you also need some tea. Then that's it. Head over to Craftaholics Anonymous for the full tutorial, the effect is amazing. My plan is to do this treatment, and rub a light wash of a color to the wood afterwards, to give it my desired hue.  Have you ever done this technique? How did it go?  Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Post a Comment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shareaholic