Google+ Nine Red: Radio Silence...

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Radio Silence...

Oops! Sorry about the radio silence there, as luck would have it - Ralph and I managed to get 5 days off together, which means we went in overdrive on the home projects.  So much has changed, and we've done so much work, that today we are off to Monterey to relax.  We've been working 12 hour days on this house, and I can't wait to show you the results.  We fixed a major drainage issue in the yard, but that was so boring that I didn't bother with photos. Let's get to the good stuff!  Remember our porch dilemma? Here's a snapshot:
Yea... interesting little cave there. Behind that is a door, a brown oak door at that - I am pretty sure that this outhouse looking contraption is what helped us get the house over other people.  I'm sure people saw it, noticed the lack of curb appeal, and just left. I mean, where is the front door? We were going to chop it in half, make a cute patio, then on Sunday... we just.... kicked it down in a split second decision. Here's a sneak peak (warning - blurry phone pics!):
We painted the door red in a spur of the moment decision too, "Fire Cracker" by Behr.  All the names in the red category were really... interesting. My favorite was "Flirt a little" - who knew paint could flirt?  You can also see the wood 2x2's on top there that we set there to see how it looked...
There - we have a front of the house! I have a million more pictures, as we didn't stop there. We've been turning the frame into a little pergola... and repainted the whole thing (frame, not the house! I wish...).   We decided to just ditch the half banister and keep the whole thing open, and I like it. Of course a bench, some pots & planters will make an appearance later... baby steps.... (name that movie!)

More to come soon... just didn't want to leave you all in the dark! Have a great day - are you getting the itch to start working outside too? Spring is here!

     -Jesse

Let's keep in touch: Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Subscribe & of course, Email me.

Post a Comment

5 comments:

  1. I love how the fresh warm spring weather invigorates us with new found energy for working outside. Last weekend I noticed so much activity in your neighborhood. Kids playing outside, people working in their yards. I love spring!!!
    Your front looks fabulous. I can not wait to see more photos :)
    Your blogging sister, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dying to get outside....buuuuttttttt looking at snowflakes out my window. :( Love the red door :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorite movies of all time, What About Bob? ("Baby stepping out the front door...")

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the red door, it matches mine! Hope you had a relaxing day off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you want to give your house some well-deserved attention, you should really choose a striking color for your home. See, what happened to your house after you painted the door red? It gave your home a more radiant glow. It’s definitely the first thing people would notice when they visit you!
    Silva London@ Renewal by Andersen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shareaholic