Google+ Nine Red: Corned Beef and Cabbage

Friday, March 15, 2013

Corned Beef and Cabbage

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Almost... it's this weekend (already!?) and I have been looking forward to one of my favorite dishes for about 6 months now... Corned Beef & Cabbage.  I know, you can get it year round - but something about the wait makes it that much more delicious.  Growing up my mom would make this every year, and now that I'm all growed-up, I'm carrying on the tradition.  We've tried it several different ways, traditional, crock pot, extreme crock pot (it cooked for like, 12 hours...serious)  and it's always delicious. This year, I think I'm going to try a recipe I saw on the food network website, it looks super easy, and has a different take on the cabbage. She takes it out and saute's it with butter and onions, which sounds amazing.
Link to the recipe: Corned Beef & Cabbage
You like? I agree... one modification though, I'm going to cheat a little and have the crock pot do some of the cooking here.  Then, when it's time to add the vegetables, I can either let the crock pot work on them for about an hour or transfer everything to a pot if I'm low on time.  Either way, that cabbage is getting sauteed!

 Here's a crock pot recipe via Kalyns Kitchen that can be used as is, or as a guide to join up with the food network recipe.  Here's what hers looks like......
*Drool!* Sorry - I just love this stuff.  Hey, I took a look back at last year to see my post and surprise surprise.. I posted about Corned Beef Und Cabbage.  Hmm. I'm so original...

Do you join in the St. Patrick's day meal festivities? What traditions does your family have?

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone, drink a beer and a whiskey for me. And then another one. Cheers!
     -Jesse

Up Next: Peak into a cute home where the Custom Dining Set now lives...click here.

Let's keep in touch: Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, Subscribe & of course, Email me.

Hungry for more Recipe-style posts? Look what I cooked up (ha!):
Let's eat. 

Post a Comment

1 comment:

  1. food network link broken: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/melissa-darabian/corned-beef-and-cabbage-recipe

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Shareaholic